I agree with “Planet in Peril”…now what???? How can I save the planet? 60 Practical Ways
What are we to do with a “Planet In Peril?” Here are 9 suggestions for personal action from Dr. Matthew Sleeth:
• Set up a recycling program at my workplace, church, or school.
• Cut way back on the Christmas frenzy.
• Give away or sell anything and everything that is cluttering my life. Donate the proceeds to charity.
• Use no pesticides or chemicals on my lawn or garden.
• Instead of a birthday gift or flowers for a funeral, send a donation to charity.
• Start a study group on what the Bible says about caring for creation.
• Ask my utility company to conduct an energy audit on my home and follow up on their advice, and do the same for my church.
• Follow our grandmother’s advice: “Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.”
Want to save the planet? Dr. Matthew Sleeth suggests finding information about energy conservation at Energy Star as well as at the Serve God Save the Planet website where he suggests Time Magazines 51 Things We Can Do to Save the Environment. Finally, you might like my a couple of my 25+ suggestions for saving the environment from Blog Action Day. Finally, you might also check out I Need to Change or 43Things.
Thoughts? What did you think of CNN’s “Planet in Peril”?
thanks to Ari Hahn for the flickr photo