Possible Blog Monetization for Small Business on Nonprofit Blog
This is a monetization strategy with the intent of breaking even once all things are considered.
• Get content from three top blogs (not sure if it would just be a paragraph or full post)
• Daily personal question
• Daily link other high quality and provocative blog content.
• Perhaps some suggestions from Rohit Bhargava and Jesse Thomas’ powerpoint slideshare:
• 75 clicks a day *30 =2250 ($75 for three $25 ads)
• Feedburner advertising or other feed advertising (perhaps $25 a month)
• Have a company, church, or nonprofit sponsor the blog for a day, a week, or a month. They could get top, sidebar, or in post advertising.
• Or increase product price from $30 to $30.50 and use the extra space for building the brand or advertising.
• In the case of non-profits, churches, and even businesses, trading blog space with like minded blogs may make sense.
• The first month it might be hard, but once you get traffic it might get easier. (I wonder how you get monetization from day one)
• PR with local niche, local mainstream, and national niche publication
• Linkbait post and possible blogger relations
• mixx, digg, or digg clone promotion
What does impression based advertising run? Any case study of blog monetization? (The above impression seems like about .01 an impression)