What makes a great social media name? Here are eight key principles that every person who is getting into social media or blogging should consider in this new web 2.0 world:
• 18 characters or less will generally allow you to keep your screenname consistent.
• You generally want to keep it the same across platforms so people can easily find you.
• Your name should convey your identity if possible. This helps for identity, community, and SEO.
• Make it intersting. Make it sing. Make it memorable.
• Generally aim for the niche. Can you say long tail?
• Catchy, funny, or cool.
• Consider creating a separate e-mail address for social media and blogging. Again screenname consistency can be helpful.
• Consider changing your instant messaging identity to reflect your new identity.
Thoughts? Additions or amendments?
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 136 other followers
Theme: Paperpunch by The Theme Foundry. Blog at WordPress.com.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.