What is in a Social Media Screenname: The Complete Guide
What makes a great social media name? Here are eight key principles that every person who is getting into social media or blogging should consider in this new web 2.0 world:
• 18 characters or less will generally allow you to keep your screenname consistent.
• You generally want to keep it the same across platforms so people can easily find you.
• Your name should convey your identity if possible. This helps for identity, community, and SEO.
• Make it intersting. Make it sing. Make it memorable.
• Generally aim for the niche. Can you say long tail?
• Catchy, funny, or cool.
• Consider creating a separate e-mail address for social media and blogging. Again screenname consistency can be helpful.
• Consider changing your instant messaging identity to reflect your new identity.
Thoughts? Additions or amendments?