Introduction to Strategic Blogging with Social Media, Social Networking, and WordPress
Twelve Fundamental Principles of Smart and Productive Blogging:
1) Content is king (original perspective)
2) Create pillar content
3) Community and Relationships (inclusivity)
5) Find a model-mentor or three
6) Leverage your blog with real world events (networking)
7) Guest posting on others.
8) Interview people your audience is interested in or bestow credibility upon (and optimally that your audience will be searching for)
9) Mix in fun content
10) Consider PPC
11) Consider a formal blog launch after 1-2 weeks of blogging
12) Reciprocal link building can help your SEO.
Engage Key Blogging Communities:
Get accounts on all five and enter your blog’s info on each network.
1) Technorati-Google for blogs.
2) Del.icio.us-social bookmarking. save your best content
3) MyBlogLog-great blog community that can augment blog traffic for the better
4) BlogCatalog-great blog community that can augment blog traffic for the better
5) Flickr-great way to tell the story of your organization and for people to find you
Three Blog Design Concerns
• e-mail subscription
• RSS subscription
Quick Brand and Reputation Management Tips
• Linked In
• Add other social networking and social media networks as necessary