Six Tips for Ethical Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Your Non-profit or Christian Organization
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is a strategy for increasing your rank in the search results in Google for particular search phrases related to your organizations purpose and mission.
Why is Search Engine Optimization So Important ?
Well, search optimization can help you reach more clients, customers, and funding sources. It can also help you become a larger community hub online.
Your website is pretty dead in the water without search engine optimization, which means that $2,500 to $5,000 you spent on website design is going to waste. You are easily missing 50% of your traffic without search engine optimization.
Without search engine optimization, finding you may be like finding a needle in a haystack.
Search Engine Optimization is FAR More than Just Keywords and Meta-tags.
Meta-tag based SEO is soooo very 2002. With the rise of Google and gradual development of more accurate search algorithms, meta-tags are far, far less important. Meta-tags represent only about 5-10% of SEO, neglecting the other 90-95% of smart seo strategy.
In fact, if meta-tags were enough, your clients and customers would probably already be finding you by the masses.
How Much is All this Search Engine Optimization Worth?
What is the ROI on SEO? I thought you’d never ask. Aaron Wall explains what a First Page Ranking on Google is Worth.
How can your Non-profit, Philanthropy, or Faith Based Organization Increase its Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
1) Take the first step: start a blog for your non-profit or small business. Blogs are pretty search engine friendly. They help deliver relevant, updated content to users. They are personal expression engines…the digital equivalent of Gutenberg’s printing press on a global scale.
2) Keyword Targeting. Decide which keywords to target for your seo strategy.
3) A Smart Blog Content Strategy. Create interesting and engaging content around those keywords that speaks to the felt needs and search phrased of your target audiences.
4) Create an Online Network. Create relationships with other bloggers in your community and subject niche.
5) Pursue Strategic Link building. Create a link building strategy to complement your blog content strategy. Link building is the difference between the success and failure of most blog marketing and seo strategies.
6) Seek Out Guidance. In this case that would be a blog coach for strategic content creation and search engine optimization training. It always helps to have an experienced mentor to guide your efforts toward productivity and success.
Bonus Tip One: Pay attention to prioritization of SEO factors.
Bonus Tip Two: The Joys of Social Media Optimization (SMO) With Web 2.0. You can also get involved in Web 2.0 Communities. The rise of 2-way communication with social media platforms has given rise to the ability to create a strategic search engine optimization strategy in-part with web 2.0 tools.
(image credit: margolove)
Why Should You Outsource Your Search Engine Optimization?
Outsourcing your SEO strategy needs to a consultant or freelancer allows you to focus and zero in on what you do best, delivering your product or service to your community.
What to Look For When Outsourcing Your Search Engine Optimization to an SEO Firm or Freelance SEO Service?
1) Ethical and White Hat SEO. Find out what tactics, strategies, and methods your freelance search engine optimization strategist will be using. You want to make sure they do ethical seo.
2) A Record of SEO Success. Find out how effective at link building your search engine optimizer has been in the past.
3) Search Engine Optimization Training. In order to make search engine optimization strategy sustainable and cost effective, training is imperative.
4) Cost Effective Search Engine Optimization. You want to make sure you get a good cost effective return on investment (roi) for your Christian or non-profit venture. Thats less money you have to fundraise.
Please feel free to bookmark and use this post as a resource for search engine optimization (seo) tips and strategy.
If you are looking for search engine optimization for your organization whether you live in Nashville, TN, Washington DC, San Fransisco, or elsewhere in the world….please consider your ethical and strategic search engine optimization services and training at Creative Fusion Media.