The Power of Unreasonable People: Case Studies and Examples of Social Entrepreneurs
I’m facinated with the stories and case studies of social entrepreneurs in “The Power of Unreasonable People” (and “Design for the Other 90 Percent”) Here are some of the examples Pamela Hartigan and John Elkington discuss in the “Power of Unreasonable People.”
• First Book and First Book Marketplace
• Recycla Chile for recycling e-waste
• Bangladesh Rural Investment Committee (BRAC)
• Aravid Eye Care System
• Social Stock Exchange in Brazil
• Parque Soft in Columbia
• Capitalism 3.0 at Blended Value.
• Rob Katz at Next Billion has a short review with quotes from “The Power of Unreasonable People.”
• Or learn more about “The Power of Unreasonable People” at Social Edge.
• Or check out how Prahalad discusses transparency and accountability accomplishments of implementing computer kiosks via the e-chupal business model for social enterprise for the base of the pyramid in Inda.
If you work for these companies or related industries feel free to follow and message me on Twitter. Or you can choose to link up on Facebook or Linked in.