Social Entrepreneurship Examples and Social Venture Case Studies
Social Entrepreneurial Examples and Social Venture Case Studies
I’ve created this as a guide and resource to finding social entrepreneurship examples and case studies. You will find that several examples repeat throughout the literature:
• Design for the Other 90 Percent Cooper Hewitt Exhibit and Design for the Other 90 Percent book
• Next 4 Billion: Market Strategy at the Base of the Pyramid from the World Resources Institute. Features 20+ case studies on markets and innovative social business ventures.
• “What Works” Social Enterprise Case Studies from the World Resources Insitute
• Social entrepreneurship case studies from Case at Duke.
Specific Social Business Venture Examples
• Cemex (Cemex Business Model)
• International Development Enterprises
• Trans Fair USA (Fair Trade Certified)
• Grameen Foundation
• Kickstart International
• Vision Spring (formerly Scojo Foundation) – Vision Spring Business Model
• Vodacom Community Services (Vodacom Business Model)
Other Social Entrepreneurship Resources
• Mobile for International Health Care
• Mobile Health Care (m Health) Examples from the UN report on mHealth
• Introduction to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Scaling Social Impact from Case at Duke.
• The folks at Ashoka and Unitus support very scalable social enterprise.