Education 2.0: Wikis and Social Media in Education
The Case for Wikis and Social Media in the Classroom
• Make learning more interesting and engaging
• Increase productivity
• Ease of communication and collaboration
• Media and technology literacy
• Creativity and self-expression
• Virtual teamwork
• Contextual and big picture thinking
• Introduction to online ethics
Concerns Wikis and Social Media in the Classroom
• Budgetary hurdles to education technology in the classroom
• Student classroom time
• Teacher time
• Shiny new toy syndrome
How will your students use the web in the future?
• Creative self-expression
• Health care and doctor communication
• Banking and financial management
• Business meetings
• Goals, scheduling, and planning
• Productivity (Sofware as Service)
• Customer Service Management
Is there a part of their lives that won’t be touched and influenced by internet technology?
A Vision of Students Today
How can I use a Wiki?
How can I apply a Wiki for Business, Education, or my Favorite Hobbies?
How do you use wWkis? What do you see as the future of wikis in education and business? What is your favorite Learning 2.0 resource or Education 2.0 tool?
Additional Wikis in Education and Education 2.0 Resources
Education 2.0 Overview of Top Tools on Hubpages
Classroom 2.0 Wiki
Classroom 2.0 Social Network on Ning
Classroom 2.0: Forum Discussion of Wikis
Top Education Websites on Alltop
Wikis in Education from Jeff Utecht at Wetpaint (His blog Thinking Stick is informative too)
Wetpaints Wikis in Education
Best Education Wikis at Wetpaint
Top 100 Tools
Business Case Studies at PBWiki
Wikis in Education Presentation on Slideshare
Elearning 2.0 Presentation on Slideshare