ASTD TechKnowledge Keynote Day Two
Eight quick take aways from this morning’s keynote at ASTD TechKnowledge 2010 hosted in Las Vegas:
1) Great example of using Lego Mindstorms for simulation of the rapid adaptation used during the 5 year video game cycle.
2) EA pays 10% for audio. However, its 50% of the experience according to gamers.
3) Best learning with human beings. Face to face interaction is incredibly important. (Wii does this really well. He mentioned Sims, Zynga, Pogo, and Active as well as integrating gaming principles.) [This points to the need for blended learning, as opposed to 100% online]
4) Real time feedbacks via data mining. (Telemetry) are critical for product improvement, innovation, and product/market fit. Electronic Arts fixed Madden Football’s goal kicking problem based on data from their analytics.
5) Avoid different scorecards for different audiences.
6) Changing the scorecards changes the company.
7) Its very much about tying it to outcomes and output in a business context.
8] If you need to figure out a low cost solution for metrics start with Google analytics.