Design Thinking Curriculum for Problem Solving, Innovation, and Creativity
* Project based learning (in pairs and in teams as possible)
* Scenario based learning (i.e. problem-solution)
* Brainstorming & group problem-solving (probably involving pair sharing) & facilitation.
* Exploration and research on innovators of the past (their ideas, inventions, patterns, failures, & successes)
Hopefully much of the above would be based on actual ongoing problems in society, so the solutions could actually be used to solve important human issues.
Teach various design principles, processes, & methodologies
* design thinking (IDEO & Stanford d-school)
* user feedback and research
* mind mapping
* systems thinking
* Edward De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
* Triz methodology for innovation
You could use a combination of the architectural model of peer review and the portfolio model of your designs over time. Some of the review would be done by customers/users and leveraging actual practitioners as mentors.
Design Thinking Curriculum for Teaching Innovation: