Social entrepreneurship around homeless and health care
The public health porblems of the homeless aren’t easy to deal with….here are some possible solutions to some of the issues involved–in terms of both behavior and in terms of budgeting:
1) The issue of social change could be answered by Positive Deviance, which is a way of recognizing possibilities for change…and then changing them.
2) The international development context has a book called “Portfolios of the Poor”–such a comparable solution might be helpful for homeless is similar situations.
3) Early childhood education might have the effect of preventing it from taking place in the first place.
4) Reforms of the criminal justice system might help (perhaps Drug Courts or better rehabilitation programs.
5) I seem to remember that New York found that it was cheaper to take the homeless off the street….than to let them live dehumanized lives.