Lessons on Leadership & Organizational Culture from the Army
1. They take culture & esprit de corp & ritual seriously.
2. Celebration, ritual, and formality
3. The code
4. The brotherhood
5. The legacy (the thin grey line—behind us and in front of us)
6. Define the mission. Define the game. Define the team. Define the members. (its about the soul & guiding principles & character & identity).
7. Call and response.
8. Chant, song, and aphorism (thats shared in group)
9. What do they need to know to be confident? (your ready….its your time….)
10. Who you are –> What you do
11. Obama quote
12. “Big time players make big time plays in big time games.”
13. Normal society is afraid of Raw passion & real commitment
14. Driven by battle tested, scenario based, and experiential learning. Football is the same way.