How do you deal with your inner critical voice
I would suggest one or more of the following and committing to it:
1) Set deadlines
2) Get feedback from someone you trust (trusted collaegue or mentor)
3) Steven Pressfield’s War of Art is pretty decent as is Anne Lemont’s Bird by Bird. The former is perhaps more to the point–the later more literary.
4) Listen to the positive. Focus on the positive.
5) Coaching. Don’t know how effective this one is. Seems like it would make sense with an experienced coach on these topics. There are creative-specific coaches who can help.
Four more that are helpful: music (focus & crowd out), coffee (focus & crowd out), and mindful practice. Reading poetry or Psalms about the topic.
* Note: Music assumes a sort of set it and forget it type set-up.