My critique of God is impossible
An initial question………can you prove any affirmative with science?????
Actually no….they’ve never been done before….you can’t prove them with science.
It requires something that transcends logic….its called abductive logic.
You would probably need a more sophisticated form of logic to fully prove & understand God.
More fully….science and reason don’t come to terms with beyondness or Otherness.
That makes a lot of arguments–without much of a good methodology for answering the God question. Here are fundamental assumptions Chad makes that misunderstands God:
1. Reason alone can deduce proof of God. Truth is multi-layered.
2. We can perfectly know God if he exists versus we can know him enough to have faith in Him.
3. God is the I am. The Alpha & the Omega. The beginning and the end. He’s fundamentally much bigger than the article gives him credit for.
4. God sees his acts as serving a larger purpose in a much, much, much, much larger story.
5. God is Grace and Glory. We think he’s just one or the other. He’s both. You have to base your understanding of God on. (this is a pretty fundamental concept of the Bible and theology–to not acknowledge it is to totally miss the boat.
6. Faith > Reason (although it subsumes it in certain instances)
7. In the same way our pets don’t understand us….there are fundamental ways we can’t understand God. This means the very metaphysics & grounding of this article are flawed. (thats pretty huge) Its echoed here: Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
7. Methodological flaws of human reason & reductionist science. (see also #7)
8. Reason and science fail to understand the order & design principles in the universe, outside of God. The fine tuned universe theory explains: http://www.godandsci…s/designun.html
9. Matter doesn’t just exist. It doesn’t just bang…..much less to create designed creatures in a semi-orderly fashion.
Not sure this fully answers the line by line on the argument, but perhaps its a start: http://windowtothewo…a/godexists.asp