What are the challenges of innovation and communication
Based on my reading of various literatures on emotional intelligence, motivation, organizational development, organizational change, and communication–my guess is that perhaps 90% of the time it may fall in one of the following 6 reasons:
1. Ego, insensitivity, or lack of empathy on the part of the changer. This could be lack of acknowledgement or lack of sensitivity or lack of ability to contribute.
2. Ego, insensitivity, or lack of empathy on the part of the changee.
3. Disagreement about major premises (fundamental values or purposes or directions)
4. Disagreement about facts/perceptions
5. Disagreement about minor things (but which may be “major” based on perception)
6. Perception of how it relates to control or survival (fight or flight)
How to solve this:
1. Team building
4. Negotiation (mostly in relation to #5)
5. Various methods of conflict resolution
6. Clear & open & honest communication
7. Support (particularly to decrease fear)