Team Rules, Values, and Good Sportsmanship Defined by Coach Wooden
Coach Wooden Rules for Players:
- Always be a gentleman.
- Always be a team player.
- Always be on time whenever time is involved.
- Always be learning
- Always be earning the right to be proud or confident.
- Always keep emotions under control without losing fight or aggressiveness.
- Be spirited, not temperamental.
- Always work to improve, knowing you can never improve enough.
This has an achievement oriented bias (particularly in relationship to 5 and 8). I’m not sure how to frame those, but overall this is a pretty decent list.
Top 10 Team Tips
Do you have other similar list of team rules? Do you have any suggestions for additional team rules?