Teaching for Transformation Model of Christian Education
From one of the key sources on Teaching for Transformation:
There are 10 Biblical Through Lines that a teacher can select for a given unit:
1) God – Worshipping: Students understand that worshipping God is about celebrating who God is, what God has done and is doing, and what God has created. Students see worship as a way of life.
2) Idolatry – Discerning: Students will understand that when other “things” are more important to us than our relationship with God, they become idols. Students will be challenged to identify, understand and discern the idols of our time and to then respond prophetically.
3) Earth – Keeping: Students will respond to God’s call to be stewards of all of creation.
4) Beauty – Creating: Students will celebrate God as the #1 CREATOR and understand that when we create things we show that we are made in God’s image. We offer praise to God by creating beautiful things. Our creativity makes God smile!
5) Justice – Seeking: Students will act as agents of change by identifying and responding to injustices.
6) Creation – Enjoying: Students will celebrate God’s beautiful creation.
7) Servant – Working: Students will work actively to heal brokenness and bring joy.
8) Community – Building: Students will be active pursuers and builders of communal shalom.
9) Image – Reflecting: Students bear the image of God in their daily lives. All humans are image reflectors.
10) Order – Discovering: Students will find harmony and order in God’s creation.
You can learn more about Teaching for Transformation from a Christian perspective here.